Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 2nd, 2014 14:00

MSSQL - NMM/VDI - Mirror Databases

I have two MSSQL servers that have a database in mirror mode. The backup of the secondary server is failing due to the database not being ready (offline) and suggests I backup the principal instead. This of course is not really a problem since I am backing up the principal so I am attempting to eliminate the false error. I found a doc telling me how to do this but I am unable to actually make it work...

The doc - How to include or exclude MSSQL databases that are not in a state to be backed

I added the following line to the 'application information' field in the client config:

NSR_SKIP_NON_BACKUPABLE_STATE_DB=TRUE

type: NSR client;

name: ;

save set: "MSSQL:";

backup command: nsrsqlsv -kjv;

application information: NSR_SKIP_NON_BACKUPABLE_STATE_DB=TRUE;

*the mirror on the principal is in a named instance, but the secondary is in the default instance.

4 Posts

SQL is older, but Networker and module are fairly new.

SQL 2008

NMM 3.01

Networker 8.1.1

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

Which SQL version and which version of module do you use?  I do not have such setup, but if I remember correctly such approach works since SQL 2012 and later for which you must use some recent NMM versions.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2014 15:00

To my knowledge, NW was not able to handle this on SQL 2008.  I'm not sure if support to ignore it applies to SQL 2008 in newer modules, but from what you tested it would seem that it does not, but I can't say for sure as we do not use this approach with SQL 2008 DBs.

4 Posts

October 2nd, 2014 15:00

Bummer, was hoping I just had a config issue. Our 2012 systems are using Always-On and no longer utilize the mirror feature. Will be testing that next...

Thanks for the response.

No Events found!