Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2014 01:00

NMC Monitor Group and Policy status changes

Hi

We have a instability when it comes to the Groups and Policy status in the Monintor tab in NMC. It keeps changing from OK(green), to Failure(read).

Have changed Java version to the latest, now 1.7.60. Have tested from Red Hat Linux and from Windows 7 same symptoms.

It is somewhat similar in nsrwatch. We can see savegrp jobs running but no savegrp process running. And sometime it is the opposite as the NMC status.

Our setup is as follow:

Networker Server version 8.1.1.3 Build 289 running on Solaris 10

Networker NMC 8.1.1.3 running on Red Hat Linux 6.5

Could it be related to the jobsdb?

rgds

Karl Dag

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

July 8th, 2014 02:00

What exactly do you refer to by similar in nsrwatch?  In nsrwatch you may sometimes see groups duplicated or not removed while in idle state, but this is due to ncurses library I suspect.  If you remove and add group view (by typing "g") this is resolved then.

As for NMC view, this is a bit strange and the only thing to check is to query job database status against it.

28 Posts

July 8th, 2014 03:00

Hi

In nsrwatch I see groups as running, the same in NMC. Have tried to disable/enable group view in nsrwatch, same result as before. When I look for savegrp processes with ps there is none. Have also looked at the output for jobkill, no running savegrp jobs.

rgds

Karl Dag

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

July 8th, 2014 04:00

This might indicate an issue with job daemon.  I would suggest following:

- change jobd retention to 12 hours

- stop NW

- remove /nsr/res/jobsdb

- empty /nsr/tmp

- start NW