Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2013 12:00

NMC Reporting not working/accurate

Hey,

I have a Windows 2k3 server running Networker 7.6.2. I'm trying to run the Daily and Monthly Summary reports under Reports>Networker Backup Statistics> and Daily Summary and Monthly Summary.

The reports from the end of March until 2 days ago are coming up blank on the Daily Summary and the Monthly summary comes up incomplete. I've checked mminfo for the dates and the data is there. But reports for April 17 and 18th work.

I've tried clearing the Java cache and trying to connect to my NMC through another backup server and I get the same issue. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

The only thing I see that changed during that span were windows updates (KB2809289 and KB2807986)  ran on 3/22/2013. However, these are on my other servers and work fine.

Thanks!

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

April 19th, 2013 17:00

Did you check what is the retention for data reporting?

April 20th, 2013 20:00

Yes. They are currently set Audit Data- 1 year, Backup Statistics- 1 Year, Completion data- 1 Month, Completion Message- 2 weeks and Recover Statistics- 1 Year.

This is how my other servers are set as well. :/

May 2nd, 2013 08:00

I have an update. The reports stopped working again this weekend. I checked the db_output.log file and keep seeing “Connection terminated abnormally; client socket shut down.” I checked the Backup Server and it never shut down… and I didn’t see anything abnormal in the system logs…

Any assistance is greatly appreciated…

18 Posts

May 9th, 2013 14:00

Hi Rathe,

The version which you are currently using for backup server has reporting issue. Please upgrade it to patch 7.6.3.5 build xxxx and your problem will get solved. Sure and definitely .

May 9th, 2013 16:00

Awesome. I'll try that and let you know

Thanks again for the help!!

127 Posts

May 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi,

I have a similar issue of the NMC reporting not accurate. I am using Netwoker 7.6.4 on  Windows 2008 R2.

Is there a fix to this issue?

18 Posts

May 15th, 2013 13:00

Hi Zainal,

Can you explain me ur issue in detail. I am sure it will not be for the "Networker Backup Statistics" report. Also give me the exact version of NMC with build.

127 Posts

May 20th, 2013 03:00

I am using Networker 7.6.4. The monthly backup of the networker backup statistics is not reporting accurate report in the

amount of data backed up.

2.4K Posts

May 20th, 2013 13:00

An alternative would be to use mminfo to report the SS size even to the byte. Then setup a scripted report to summarize the values. For example, Powershell can do this very nicely.

127 Posts

May 20th, 2013 19:00

May i know what's the syntax for mminfo?

2.4K Posts

May 20th, 2013 22:00

This is the general syntax how to create a csv file:

mminfo -q "query_parameters" -r "other_report_parameters, sumsize (15)" -xc, > file

Of course only you know what you really want to report.

127 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 21:00

Hi 1goyalp,

Does NMC 7.6.4.1 Build 1049 have reporting  issues?

July 11th, 2013 08:00

Okay. I finally got permission to upgrade the server. Upgraded to 7.6.5 Reports worked for a week and have now stopped working again. Error Message: "Failed to store data for " group "on server" servername.

The only references to the error i've been able to find are relating to 7.3 and nmc... I'm starting to run out of ideas...

July 11th, 2013 11:00

Yeah… I don’t actually rely on them. I just need a pretty report for management. I check myself everyday to see if the backups run. I was hoping to do a batch file wth gstcl report and automate the reporting so I don’t have to worry about it, but I’m getting weeks where it says nothing was backed up and I know for a fact it has been.

I’ll see what I can find of large size that I can test with.

Thanks ☺

2.4K Posts

July 11th, 2013 11:00

Besides the demand that these reports should work nicely, i would not exclusively rely on them.

AFAIK the info is provided at the end of the savegroup. So what about manual backups? - big RMAN backups for example?

My personal experience is to exclusively rely on the mdb info. This is what counts in the end. Once again with a little bit of scripting you can achieve the same if not better results.

No Events found!