Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2007 00:00

NMC show the group is interrupted but savesets are completed successfully

Dear All,

I have an issue and I think it is with the NMC, I have 2 separated data zone and have the same issue on them, the Networker version is 7.3.2 build 399, the issue is as follows:-
the NMC report that the group is interrupted, and when open the group details found that all save sets are completed successfully, also checked the daemon.log file and no error reporting there, then I used the mminfo command to verify the save sets and found that all are have cb (completed & browsable) flags, and this issue is not related to one group or client it appears on different groups, so if you have any suggestion I will be happy to hear it.

Thanks & Regards
Mahmoud Abu-Herra

253 Posts

December 31st, 2007 04:00

If the groups which are interrupted have a SQL or Exchange client you have to apply this solution:

savegrp dies when backing up NMSQL/NME 5.1 clients on a NetWorker 7.3.x server

SOLUTION

Symptoms
savegrp hangs and cannot be stopped
Groups hang in NMC window and cannot be stopped
savegrp application errors during Exchange 5.1 client backups
savegrp application errors during SQL 5.1 client backups
savegrp cores during SQL 5.1 client backups
savegrp cores during Exchange 5.1 client backups
savegrp crashes when backing up NetWorker Module for SQL 5.1 clients
savegrp crashes when backing up NetWorker Module for Exchange 5.1 clients
Unable to perform server initiated backup of NM SQL 5.1 clients
Unable to perform server initiated backup of NM Exchange 5.1 clients
NetWorker Module for Exchange 5.0 backups succeed
NetWorker Module for SQL 5.0 backups succeed

Cause
Issue introduced in the Internationalization implementation in the 5.1 version of the modules

Resolution

Known Issue: LGTsc07813 Contact EMC Technical Support for further details.

Workaround:
Upgrade the NetWorker server to version 7.3.3 and apply the NetWorker server side specific hotfix to resolve this issue.

1. Go to ftp.legato.com/pub/NetWorker/Updates/LGTsc07813
2. Download appropriate fix for the platform of the NetWorker server (refer to readme file for details regarding subdirectory platform naming convention).

For Unix NetWorker servers:
3. Stop the NetWorker daemons when backups/recoveries are not occurring (nsr_shutdown).
4. Rename the current savegrp file (refer to Administrators Guide for default binary locations for relevant Operating System).
5. Place downloaded savegrp binary in place of the original savegrp file.
6. Start the NetWorker daemons on the NetWorker server (Restart gstd daemon if the NetWorker server is also the NMC server).

For Windows NetWorker Servers:
3. Stop the NetWorker Remote Exec service when backups/recoveries are not occurring.
4. Rename the savegrpexe file in c:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin
5. Place the downloaded savegrp.exe in c:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin
6. Start the NetWorker Backup and Recover Service (and the EMC GST Service if the NetWorker server is also the NMC server).

;-)

20 Posts

January 1st, 2008 23:00

Hi Sergio,

Thanks a lot for the update, but the lssue appear on most of the clients, and the savesets are completed successfully, but the NMC is not reporting correct, so i fyou have any other idea, I am happy to hear it.

Thanks
Abu-herra

253 Posts

January 3rd, 2008 05:00

OK, when I applied this patch, my SQL and Exchange groups was interrupted but with all savesets completed rightly. That is, a very similar case.

You can apply this patch and make a test with only one group. If it works wrong you have to come back ... and perhaps opening a service request.

Regards.

253 Posts

January 11th, 2008 01:00

Have you done the test that I said you? Had good luck or not? I hope yes

Nevertheless I want to say you can try to delete the groups and clients which fail and after that recreate them.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 27th, 2008 12:00

I had same behavior by NMC until I have updated all clients to same level as server and NMC. God knows why and how that can be relevant. Try 7.3SP3 or 7.4SP1 to see if you get any change. It is an issue with nsrjobdb (and that actually explains why client version is important when I think about it). You may also, to keep yourself and NW server sane, decrease nsrjobdb retention and increased db size as that EMC recommendation anyway.

20 Posts

November 12th, 2011 01:00

hi,The issue being solved after upgrading the networker version.

No Events found!