Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2011 05:00

NMM 2.3 and Temporary location for the Snapshots

Hello All,

I am having a customer which was running Networker Server 7.5 SP2 and NMM 2.2 SP1.

Before Updating the client and the Server, i was getting a problem, that when i take the (SERVER BACKUP not the Application Backup) backup of the Client (windows 2008 R2, snapshot based backup), due to the failure of the backup the C: drive was getting full, and i thought that this is happening may be because, Windows 2008 R2 is not supported with NMM 2.2.

So i updated the NMM client to NMM 2.3 and it is still the same thing, but a little different, the snapshots are deleted after the backup. But the problem is that the Temporary path is still on C:, i want to change this path to a second parition and for that, in NMM 2.2 there was a smal exe file which allowed us to do that, but in NMM 2.3 that EXE is not there. and i am not getting any option to change that temp location for the snapshots.

Please if there is any one, it will be really kind of you to let me know.

334 Posts

May 26th, 2011 07:00

Hello!

The location for VSS snapshots is set in Windows under Computer Management, Disk Management, right click volume, Shadow Copies tab.  Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Allan

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 27th, 2011 06:00

NSR_ALT_PATH=value

This attribute:
• Specifies the path on which to mount Exchange
snapshots during the backup process.
• Exchange snapshots are mounted so that the
database consistency check utility, eseutil.exe,
can be run.
But I only see this option with Exchange Backups and not with other save set /Applications.
No Events found!