Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2013 23:00

NMM 2.4 with Exchange DAG 2010 VSS_E_WRITERERROR_RETRYABLE

APPLICATIONS:\Microsoft Exchange 2010: Backup of [APPLICATIONS:\Microsoft Exchange 2010] failed

nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. successfully completed final processing of replica.

76960:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. error caught calling RM to commit the replica.

49931:nsrsnap_vss_save:RM .. 027118 ERROR:Exchange Information Store is waiting for backup completion. The error is VSS_E_WRITERERROR_RETRYABLE.  The code is: 0x800423f3. Check the application event log for more information.

49931:nsrsnap_vss_save:RM .. 027114 ERROR:Exchange Information Store is stable. The error is VSS_E_WRITERERROR_RETRYABLE.  The code is: 0x800423f3. Check the application event log for more information.

49931:nsrsnap_vss_save:RM .. 024168 ERROR:The VSS shadow copy for Exchange Information Store was not successful because of an error that occurred earlier.

83394:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. cluster failover or application role change after a replica created may have caused snapshot creation failure, try to restart the backup.

63335:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM backup failed to complete successfully.

Internal error.

68151 1358750802 2 0 0 10692 10412 0 sjeditb107110.corp.sva.com nsrsnap_vss_save 39 nsrsnap_vss_save: Exiting with failure. 0

1 Attachment

February 8th, 2013 02:00

The issue was becouse of VSS shadow storage

It was in 0% , i had moved the same to 10% , after that there are no issues, its works fine

January 21st, 2013 00:00

I had restarted nsr service in between while running nsrsnap_vss_save -v -? , thats y the same error came

If check the next logs , nsrsnap_vss_save -v -? has been succeeded.

1.7K Posts

Hi there,

Before even attempting a backup you should correct something else.

I see that you tried top retrieve the list of valid savesets with the command nsrsnap_vss_save -v -?. and you got error messages so, until that command don't succeed you won't be able to run a backup.

These are the error messages:

Error generated during request to obtain VSS Writer Metadata.

Exception caught: Failed to get application instance list from RM service

requesting of RM writer metadata failed -- 0x139f

failed to successfully gather VSS metadata for active writers -- error 0x8007139f. Backup cannot continue.

So, to correct those do as follows:

Check the user set in the login information for service Replication Manager Exchange Interface.

Ensure that the user set in there has the right permissions on Exchange (check Documentation for information about permissions).

Restart that service and see if there is any error message during service start up.

If no error then stop that service (it has to be set to manual and stopped before the backup).

Stop NW services including Replication Manager AgentPS, remove /nsr/tmp on the client and start services again, including Replication Manager Agent PS, but leave Replication Manager Exchange Interface stopped.

Run again this command:

nsrsnap_vss_save -v -?

If you get the list of all valid savesets then run a new backup afterwards.

Please check the following KB:

http://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg128810

Thank you.

Carlos.

1.7K Posts

Sorry, forgot to mention.

You have also this error message:

Operation unit failed with error 'Traditional save returned error. saverc :-1

This message usually indicates a timeout, so please set the following variables on the Registry of the NW server and client (this will require a reboot of both systems), and try again if the messages indicated in my previous post have already been corrected:

1.- Group Inactivity Timeout is set to "0" in the Exchange client configuration in NMC.

2.- Add the TCP/IP settings as described in the article above, and if it still fails I would suggest to add the following values in Client and Server (DWORD Decimal values):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\TcpWindowSize=256000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize=16777216

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\KeepAliveInterval=1000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\KeepAliveTime=600000

On Solaris:

#ndd -get /dev/tcp tcp_keepalive_interval

#ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_keepalive_interval 3360000

Thank you.

Carlos.

1.7K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 08:00

Hi,

Sorry but it's not clear for me. Did you say that you restarted NW services while running nsrsnap_vss_save -v -? command?

Please don't do that, as that could lead to your writers left in status 5, 7 or 8.

Also, have you also restarted Replication Manager AgentPS service?

What was the output of the command nsrsnap_vss_save -v -?

Thank you.

Carlos.

January 24th, 2013 05:00

I had rebooted all the exchange node after setting the Network parameter.

If i ran group with single exchange node with single store the backup is working fine

but when i am running multiple store together from single node , the backup is getting failed

Even the backup fails with save set : APPLICATIONS:\Microsoft Exchange 2010\

NMM .. Operation unit failed with error 'Traditional save returned error. saverc :-1'.Possible cause: 1)Unsupported file system or 2)write-protected disc or 3)No space on disc or 4)Drive not found

NMM .. Error creating NetWorker backup of snapshot: NMM .. Operation unit failed with error Traditional save returned error. saverc :-1.

RM .. 027114 ERROR:Exchange Replication Service is stable. The error is VSS_E_WRITERERROR_RETRYABLE.  The code is: 0x800423f3. Check the application event log for more information.

RM .. 024168 ERROR:The VSS shadow copy for Exchange Replication Service was not successful because of an error that occurred earlier.

1.7K Posts

January 24th, 2013 06:00

Hi,

Can you please modify the backup command to remove the -D9 flag?

Also, can you please run the backup for only one DB?

For instance please add this saveset name:

APPLICATIONS:\Microsoft Exchange 2010\ITB SG Level A 06

Please verify that this is the correct name.

Also please check the Application Information fields, and ensure that the blank space between the "H" and the "=" sign is removed, as there should NOT be any blank space in there.NSR_ALT_PATH =E:\snap

Also, did you apply the TCP/IP values on the NW server and rebooted it?

Please apply these changes and, if it still fails please attach a new nmm.raw file.

Thank you.

Carlos.

No Events found!