Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2010 12:00

NMM SQL 2005 issue?

Hi Folks,

We are trying to implement using NMM for the databse backup from now on. I am testing to see how it will work with our backup server. We are running NW server 7.4.4 and the test client has MSSQL 2005 SP3 and NMM 2.2 SP1 installed. Prior to testing I have tested the backup to be working with traditional NM SQL module.

As for save set I have followed the administrator's guide and put the new entry which goes something like:

"APPLICATIONS:\SqlServerWriter"

When I run the backup it fails within 10 seconds with this error message:

"1 retry attempted
No full backups of this save set were found in the media database; performing a full backup
5197:save: using `APPLICATIONS:\SqlServerWriter\' for `APPLICATIONS:\SqlServerWriter'
47427:save: Only Snap backups are supported with this release. Please configure the backup operation appropriately."

I have enabled SQL VSS Writer on the client.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

If you guys need more information I'd be happy to provide.

Thanks!

Kevin

56 Posts

July 29th, 2010 00:00

Hello Kevin,

It seems it is a misconfiguration issue.

Did you specify SQL application variable settings in the Application information attribute of the Client resource?

These settings are described in Table21 on page118 of the admin guide.

Please follow the admin guide in the section ( Configure a SQL Server Client resource ) on page 120

Make sure also you had configured all the backup tasks correctly which are :

“Configure a backup pool for snapshot operations”      on page 53
“Configure snapshot policies”                                           on page 56
“Configure a backup schedule”                                         on page 58
“Configure a backup group”                                               on page 59
“Configure a SQL Server Client resource”                      on page 120

Waiting your reply with the results.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

56 Posts

August 2nd, 2010 00:00

Hello Kevin,

Problem is resolved now after re-configuration ?? What was the missing attributes ?

56 Posts

August 22nd, 2010 06:00

Hello Kevin,

Did you solved the problem with the above solution ? if you fixed it with have another solution or workaround please share it with us.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

No Events found!