Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2014 07:00

NSR_SKIP_NON_BACKUPABLE_STATE_DB=TRUE or FALSE

Please can someone specify the specifications for this attribute.

Which SQL server version(2012, 2008. 2005) should be used for this option or it will work in all the SQL server versions.

I tried it is not working, just wanted to confirm with you guys as well.

NMM = 3.0.1 SP1

Networker client= 8.1. SP 1

Networker server = 8.1 SP1

This option is not working , please can you specify the requiremets to use this option.

1.7K Posts

December 15th, 2014 07:00

Hi kishore1

To include or exclude databases that are not in a state to be backed up for the instance level save set backup, use the Application Information variable NSR_SKIP_NON_BACKUPABLE_STATE_DB when configuring the client resource for
scheduled backup.

The list of databases states that cannot be backed up and can be skipped during backup are:

◆ Mirror copy
◆ Standby
◆ Recovery Pending
◆ Offline
◆ Loading
◆ Prerecovery

The flag NSR_SKIP_NON_BACKUPABLE_STATE_DB is applicable only to SQL instance level backups and does not affect database level backups.
The simple database is skipped when the NSR_SKIP_SIMPLE_DB environmental variable is set to TRUE on the client to skip the backup for simple databases.
Otherwise, the incremental backup request is promoted to full.
When the NSR_SKIP_NON_BACKUPABLE_STATE_DB variable is set to TRUE, the databases that are not in a state to be backed up are skipped and the savegroup reports success for the SQL instance level backups.

When the NSR_SKIP_NON_BACKUPABLE_STATE_DB variable is set to FALSE or is not mentioned, the back up of the databases fails and the savegroup reports failure of the SQL instance level backups.

What SQL version do you have in place?

Thank you,

Carlos

10 Posts

December 16th, 2014 23:00

“SQL Server 2008 R2”.

Sorry for late reply, I was on a vacation.

10 Posts

December 17th, 2014 03:00

Hi Carlos Rojas,

Do you have any idea on which SQL server version the above attribute will work.

10 Posts

December 17th, 2014 04:00

Hi Carlos,

Yes.. I meet the requirements version and other prequisites.

But still the offline databases are not excluded , and the backups are failing.

Regards,

Kishore

1.7K Posts

December 17th, 2014 04:00

Hello kishore1

This should work in SQL 2008 R", so please check the logs to find out why this is not working.

I suppose you meet the requirements documented, right?

Thank you,

Carlos

No Events found!