Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2010 09:00

NW module for SAP with Oracle 4.0

Hi Guys,

How to i perform a configuration in the NMC for the New Client with SAP?

Backup Command?

SAVE SET(is necessary input SAP:)?

Is there any documentation with screen shot in powerlink?

The enviroment is:

Server

Win2008

NW7.5sp1

Regards

Alves

Client

RedHat5.2

NWSAP4.0

445 Posts

January 13th, 2010 09:00

Alves,

There is documentation for the modules on Powerlink, I think you will find the Install and Administration Guides useful here. You can find them on Powerlink from the Blue tool bar: -

Choose Support --> Technical Documentation and Advisories --> Software J-O Documentation --> NetWorker Family.

Then from the Left Hand side menu expand Networker Modules --> NetWorker Module for SAP with Oracle --> 4.0

You will see all the relevant documents listed and be able to download them from here.

I do not think the Guides contain screenshots but you should be able to follow and set up, granted this is one of the more complex to set up.

Regards

Bill Mason

SME - Advanced Technical Support

EMC Global Services

Problem Resolution and Escalation Management (PREM)

BURA Software Solutions Group (BSSG)

Office: 44 (0) 208-758-6452

North America Support Line: 1-877-534-2867

mason_bill@emc.com

Please note my regular working hours are Monday to Friday, 07:30am to 14:00 pm GMT, 16:00 pm to 18:00 pm GMT

Please submit all new cases, updates or attachments to existing cases via EMC Powerlink http://powerlink.emc.com/

For new issues & questions, EMC Customer Service is pleased to offer you the support option of Live Chat 24x7 for select products.

To interact with our technical support professionals please visit the Networker Support landing page and select ‘Live Chat’ under Additional Resources.

For a single location for you to gain access to all key Support-related resources on Powerlink related to Networker & Avamar, please check out the appropriate landing page:

EMC Networker Support landing page at: https://support.emc.com/products/NetWorker

EMC Avamar Support landing page at: https://support.emc.com/products/Avamar

Satisfied customers are my top priority. For service feedback & comments, please contact my manager:

Mary ODonoghue - ODonoghue_Mary@emc.com

56 Posts

January 29th, 2010 04:00

Hi,

I agree this is pretty complex setup.

These are the main steps.

• Install the nmsap software. For linux  install command is rpm -ihv "package name"
  • Copy backint binary from /usr/sbin to /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run. Give backint permissions 4755 and owner orasid:sapsys
  • Edit networker config file ant initSID.utl file. nmsap package contains sample files. You can ask more if you have difficulties with these files. There are tons of parameters. There is also initSID.sap file but usually you don't have to edit that.
  • Create necessary backup clients with NMC. saveset is backint:SID(I use backint:SID for online backups and backint:SIDarch for archive backups) and backup command nsrsapsv -f "path to nw config file" Usually path is like /nsr/res/nameityourself.cfg
No Events found!