Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2015 12:00

Need help with specific Networker Media Reporting - Scripts?

Hello ECN'ers,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm not good with scripts, but they're useful at times and was wondering if anyone can help me...

I need help with scripts and or reports that will help me on a daily basis to identify what tapes need to be removed from the tape library on a daily basis and what one’s should be retrieved from offsite.

Script to deposit tapes, set location and recycle them to the proper media pools.

Script to Export the previous days backups.

Report to show (and is emailed) the previous days backup successes and failures.

Report to show (and is emailed) tapes need from “off-site” to be recycled.

Does anyone have any scripts I can modify, or help me?

Thank in advance.

215 Posts

July 14th, 2015 19:00

I have one that is interactive and your welcome to try.

It is shell script so must run on either a Linux based server or Linux based Networker client.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

July 15th, 2015 00:00

Here is the tape management script that i used in my previous organizations. its a perl script so in case you are on windows you will have to install Perl and also do some minor modifications. There is one for SILO based JB and one for normal SCSI attached JB.

2 Attachments

10 Posts

July 15th, 2015 05:00

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply!

Sure; I'll have a look at it and keep it handy.  The environment in question is ALL windows based, so I need a windows script, but wouldn't mind having something handy for Linux roll outs.

Thanks again

10 Posts

crazyrov,

Thanks much for the reply and scripts.  Can you tell me a bit more of what outputs they can produce?  What changes would I need to make for a windows environment?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Ciao

10 Posts

I forgot to mention in my original post that the current environment is purely windows based.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Ciao

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

July 15th, 2015 06:00

The script that you might find useful would be the one for the JB. The script triggers and email containing the

First you might have to install perl on your system. The other things you might want to change are the tape library name, email addresses and the command paths e.g : /usr/sbin/mminf to just mminfo.

156 Posts

July 16th, 2015 00:00

Please share the script. I wanna try that as well.

2.4K Posts

July 18th, 2015 09:00

OK - several times in this forum I mentioned that I love PowerShell and that you can use it well to run even sophisticated tasks for NetWorker. So I think it is time to share a PS script which I wrote a while ago and which I think might fit pretty well in this discussion.

During my 'career' I learnt - better I got in touch - with a bunch of languages although I never became a programmer. And this is what you will see when you open the attached text file:

- It is pretty long

- It is modular - this is especially helpful when you need to test specific routines as others can easily be disabled in the 'Main' section

- It contains pretty structured code (it does not contain one of these sophisticated '1-liners')

- It is rather well documented

- It is easy to understand

- It is easy to modify

So I hope by changing only a few lines in the beginning it could be a good start to adopt to fit your personal needs.

Besides that I want to encourage other forum members to join me and share their script and to show their competence.

May the shell be with you ...

1 Attachment

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

July 18th, 2015 23:00

Thanks bingo  !

14 Posts

August 23rd, 2016 10:00

Hi bingo,

I just came across your PS script and I am going to try it but I would like to know how to look for more than one pool. What has to be changed in the script?

By the way, Microsoft open sourced PS to Linux and MAC, so this would be a great candidate to test on Linux!

Thanks

2.4K Posts

August 23rd, 2016 20:00

In general, mminfo works like any other query command:

- if you do not specify a certain criteria, all will be allowed (delete the 'pool= ' string)

- however if you specify a single criteria, you must add all that apply, for example

mminfo -q "...,pool= ,pool= ,..." -r " " ...

14 Posts

August 26th, 2016 12:00

Thanks bingo, I'll play with this.

No Events found!