Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 2nd, 2014 00:00

NetWorker crashes frequently after upgrade to 8.1.1.6

Hello Fellow men,

Good Day to all.

We recently upgraded out backup server recently from 7.6.5 to 8.1.1.6. After the upgrade the nsrd crashes every now and then, sometime more than twice a day. There is nothing in the daemon.raw to point out to issue, as the nsrd goes missing all RPC error messages are logged into the daemon.raw.

Anyone else here have faced this. I have a case with EMC in parallel, just wanted to see if any one here has the same issue. Below are enviornment details :

Backup server:

OS - HP-UX 11.2

NetWorker - 8.1.1.6

drives attached - 2 and autochanger

Storage nodes :

OS - RHEL 6

NetWorker - 8.1.1.6

Drives attached - 6

Storage node:

NetWorker - 8.1.1.6

Drives attached - 1 with autochanger

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 19th, 2014 04:00

Update:

We were asked to upgrade the NetWorker server to 8.1.1.8 and got a patched binary for the nsrd on 8.1.1.8, we were also told to update the OpenSSL binary on the backup server.

The server has been stable but it does crash the nsrd if a large number of groups start at the same time.

I am closing this thread.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2014 04:00

I will have to get my HP-UX look at the patches on my server. As for the sizing, i think i over looked it. Will go back to it.

Thanks H.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

There is no mention of any sizing consideration in the upgrade document (generated using Solve).

14.3K Posts

HPUX 11v2 has several patches that needs to have - do you have them?  Further, did you check sizing too as described in update documents?  I run HPUX 11v3 and 8.0SP3 line for now and so far so good (except memory leak which makes jobd go nuts every month or so, but I restart daemons every 30 days so no big deal).

14.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2014 05:00

That Solve thing is poor - at least the one I tried month or two ago. Performance guide has necessary data for sizing and so does update guide document I believe.

14.3K Posts

November 19th, 2014 06:00

Based on that description, this is an issue with BSAFE and openssl switch - this is also fixed in 8.1.2.1, but recommendation is to run OpenSSL 098za or something too (there is KB article for this now).

No Events found!