Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 21st, 2016 03:00

Networker 7.6.1 to 9?

Hi there,

I have a customer that is running 7.6.1, can they upgrade to 9 for free?

Also I need to check their support, how do I get the serial of the software?

Thanks,

Ed

445 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 05:00

Edhoward1,

You should have received an LAC PDF file initially from Licensing which should contain all the details I believe, however if you cannot find/don’t have this then look in the Registrations section in the GUI and you will see all the base enablers and hosted referenced. You need the one for the NetWorker server base enabler (probably Network, Work or Power Edition referenced also). Hostid is not same as hostname – it is a hex value.

Regards,

Bill Mason

214 Posts

March 21st, 2016 04:00

It was to check on the support.

2.4K Posts

The upgrade is only for free, if covered by their subscription contract.

There is no serial number for NetWorker - why do you ask?

14.3K Posts

Only if subscription or maintenance fee is paid for period in which upgrade is done.  However, to jump from NW7 to NW9 and have no issues requires planning and some intermediate steps (upgrades).  Make sure you cover those for your customer (direct upgrade is not supported).

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 23rd, 2016 03:00

EMC should have the base enabler and hostid in their system if you had purchased the product directly from them and not any third-party. Did you try getting the information using your base enabler and hostid ?

214 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 03:00

Thanks for the response, I've been trying to get a quote on support renewal however as it has been out of support for sometime they don't have the EMC site IDs. EMC have said something about an AEM which is apparently a NW ID but I have no idea where to find it, any ideas?

Many thanks!

Ed

214 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 04:00

It was purchased from EMC directly to my knowledge, how do I get the base enabler and hostid? Is the latter just the host name?

Thanks,

Ed

No Events found!