Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 17th, 2014 23:00

Networker 8.1.1

Hi

I have upgraded to networker 8.1.1 and the avamar extended retention seems to not like it in that we have paralelisim set to 11 but it only used 2 of the drives is there and issue with 8.1 and AER 6.1

1 Rookie

• 

124 Posts

July 18th, 2014 05:00

I would just like to Note Adams exceptional service with regards this posting.

But here is the whole answer. I upgraded a AER6.1 device to 8.1.1 networker thus over writing the special coded networker that comes with the device.

This is the solution to the problem.

We did a rpm – Uvh – force of all the below from the /DTO/EMC/networker/rpms (ORIGINAL SPECIAL NETWORKER AER 6.1 NETWORKER VERSION)

lgtoman-7.6.3-1.x86_64.rpm

lgtonmc-7.6.3-1.i686.rpm

lgtonode-7.6.3-1.x86_64.rpm

lgtoserv-7.6.3-1.x86_64.rpm

I then stopped the service and restarted it.

It complained about some errors in the nsrldb. But when I restarted it again it all came up fine.Services started fine no errors. In hind sight Maybe should have renamed the nsrldb before restarting.

1 Rookie

• 

124 Posts

I have my networker server alsdnw which backs up all my clients in the network.

Then we have alsama.

this has 12 tape vtl devices.

1 Rookie

• 

124 Posts

Hi Adam

Please can you explain i am new to all of this. We had a networker node for our backups and we have an avamar e node.

I upgraded the networker on our main networker server and on the enode.

215 Posts

Can you clarify whether you are using AER or some other solution for extended retention.

The reason I ask is you cannot upgrade the embedded Networker code within an AER/MAN node.

regards,

Adam

215 Posts

Not sure what you mean by E node.

Do you have an Avamar system configured as a dedup storage node to Networker or do you have an Avamar system which you use outside of Networker?

Whose or what data are you actually writing to Networker?

215 Posts

Can you email me at my EMC address and perhaps we can do a quick WebEx to clarify how Avamar is being used here.

The acronym AER is a specific product from EMC to provide extended retention for Avamar backups but it cannot talk to a separate Networker server.

So I’m still confused how your Avamar system is being used to send backup data to Networker unless it is for Vmimage type backups.

No Events found!