Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2016 05:00

Networker 8.2: Cannot get status on path

Hello,

I have a host returning the following error regarding a few directories each time it completes a backup:

save: Cannot get status on path "folder": No such file or directory hostname:/folder retried 1 times"

This folder was previously being backed up but was removed from the root directory. I checked the save set definition in the client properties but this folder isn't included.

How do I fully remove these directories from the save set for this client?

Thanks!

96 Posts

October 24th, 2016 14:00

Hello.

What is the OS version in the client, and which Networker Server version are installed both in server and client?

2.4K Posts

October 24th, 2016 22:00

You have 2 possibilities :

- You either list only the pathnames that you want to backup

- You use a skip directive to omit the subdirectories you want to excludes

For examples, please have a look at the default directives

28 Posts

October 25th, 2016 03:00

All OS versions are CentOS 7 - Networker 8.2

28 Posts

October 25th, 2016 03:00

I have specified exactly what to backup - the problem is that these two folders were previously selected. The folders have since been deleted and I verified they were not selected for backup but Networker continues to try to back them up even though they don't exist.

I'd prefer not to create a directive for a single client to exclude directories that don't even exist.

96 Posts

October 25th, 2016 05:00

A little bit difficult to know what happens. Are you backing up a parent folder of that directories?. May be that directories are sub-folders and, even when they are unmounted, are still present in fstab.

Check if you have entries in fstab for the non-existent directories.

2.4K Posts

October 25th, 2016 05:00

Verify whether there is an existing 'always' directive which is assigned to that client. Otherwise I do not see why NW should insist of backing these up.

Another possibility is to delete and recreate the client resource.

28 Posts

October 26th, 2016 04:00

I ended up setting my save sets to ALL and creating more granular directives for all my hosts.

I successfully ran backups last night without any errors - although my directives still need some work.

Thanks

No Events found!