Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2016 23:00

Networker 9 full backups report

Hi!

What I understand I still have to set full backup on client in Networker 9.0.1.2 since the policy only schedules one day for all clients in coresponding group. How do u set fullbackups so it's spread over  a month? I havn't find any report neither so I can easily see which day fullbackups is run over all clients. Is there a way to get this information easily?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

September 26th, 2016 00:00

Where do you set backup level - on client or elsewhere?

8 Posts

September 26th, 2016 01:00

In the policy.

8 Posts

September 26th, 2016 05:00

I had hoped that it would be easily presented in the gui, instead of cli. I forgot to mention that. I do as much as I can in the gui.

And the command showed all the savetimes not just full. I want to see only when full is done, so I can sort and see how many that has full a certain day in month. At the moment all clients have full the same day since the policy is active for full backup. I dont want to keep a manual record of which clients have full backup what day to keep a spread workload. I have done this before and I was hoping this would be easier in version 9.

How does everone else do to keep track of full backups?? Do you make a policy for each day in month (aka 28 policys)??

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

September 26th, 2016 05:00

I believe there are part of backup action.. so that defined level.  You can also easily see applied backup via mminfo command, for example:

mminfo -avot -r name,sumsize,level,savetime

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

September 26th, 2016 07:00

If you wish to see just full savetimes, add -q level=full.  I do not use NW9 yet, but for file system backup I use approach where I have limit of 20 clients per group and in alphabetic order I assign to them one of 5 scheduled (each having full on one day of the working day so I end up with 4 clients running full on Monday, 4 on Tuesday, .... and finally 4 on Friday). I didn't dive enough yet into NW9, but I plan to continue this approach also with NW9 using schedules.

No Events found!