Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2015 16:00

Networker Base License

I'm helping rebuild a server that was running NetWorker 7.2 that had its drives completely failed. Yes I know it's old, but it's what I have to work with. In order to try to rebuild the failed server, we cloned another NetWorker server (UNIX) and modified/updated what we needed to as part of the rebuild process. Since it has the same license keys on both servers, NetWorker has disabled both servers before we could attempt to change the license keys to what they should be. The actual error is "server is disabled for copy violation" on both servers. I am able to run nwadmin and bring up the GUI where I can then access the registration section where I can I should be able to input licenses. I can add/delete items, except the base license. It wont let me change or remove it so I can input the correct license. Am I missing something? How can I change the base license key so I don't get the copy violation anymore?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

December 11th, 2015 15:00

You can change it with another enabler by doing nsrcap -uv

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

December 11th, 2015 01:00

The base enabler cannot be deleted when NetWorker services are up and running. You will have to connect to the nsrdb when the services are down and then delete the licenses.

Follow the below steps on the temp server :

- Stop the NetWorker services - nsr_shutdown

- Connect to the nsrdb - nsradmin -d /nsr/res/nsrdb

- delete the licenses.

- start the licenses

- once completed, restart the services on the production server also.

12 Posts

December 17th, 2015 08:00

Any suggestions on the best way to clear all of the indexes and media database on the server now that it's up an running again. It still has the other server's information since it was built from a clone. Also, I'm assuming I'm going to have use scanner to rebuild the indexes and media database with each tape in the juke? Is there one command I can run to scan the barcodes of all of the tapes and then scan the contents of the tape or will have to script something to load each tape slot?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

December 17th, 2015 14:00

You can create list of ssids you wish to get rid of (via mmino) and remove those via nsrmm command (just create feed the command in loop and it will do the cleanup).

No Events found!