Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2010 03:00

Networker Client Log

Hi to all,

I have a problem with one Networker client, every minute it generates the following event in application log

Event Type:     Information

Event Source:     Networker
Event Category:     MAD
Event ID:     1
Date:          8/6/2010
Time:          11:34:36 AM
User:          N/A
Computer:     SQLIT
Description:
XBSA-1.0.1 LNMs_2008.Build.299 1376 Fri Aug 06 11:34:36 2010           _nwbsa_is_retryable_error: received a retryable network error (Severity 4 Number 3): RPC send operation failed.  A network connection could not be established with the host.

The purpose of this client is a daily SQL database direct restore for testing, ther is no need for backup.

Environment:

Networker Server 7.6 Fast Start - Windows 2003 Standard x86

Networker Client 7.6 Fast Start - Windows 2003 Standard x86

Both machine is a virtual on VMware.

Recently about two weeks ago I succesfully performed an upgrade from Networker 7.5 SP1 to Networker 7.6 server with all clients........ maybe this information help us to resolve this minor problem.

123 Posts

August 6th, 2010 03:00

Hi Goran,

The backup environment may reach a bottleneck when hundreds of clients but only one Networker server to handle all the traffic.

Resolution

1. Add 1 Storage node apart from just having the Networker server to handle all the backup

2. Create more save groups to handle clients schedule backup jobs.

Check if this fixes the issue.

Arun

736 Posts

August 6th, 2010 05:00

Hi,

Do you mean that recover operations are successful but you are seeing this annoying message in the logs or do you mean that recover operations are failing? Do you see these messages when the recover is running or at other times also?

-Bobby

58 Posts

August 6th, 2010 06:00

Hi,

has restore worked in the way you want before the update to 7.6? On target machine nothing changed, like IP addressses, routing or network in general? Firewalls have not been switched on perhaps?

Can you connect to NetWorker server using NetWorker User for SQL (GUI), and if not, what is the error message ?

August 6th, 2010 07:00

First thank you all for your responds

@Arun Daniel

Ja have only 10 clients.

@coganb

Hmm, today I found unsuccessfull direct restore and I had to restart networker services on client because something freez my SQL server. There is a SQL job which is done every night to perform direct restore from production SQL.

After restarting services everything works fine, and my job finished while it manually restarted.

@mofo

Yes restore worked fine before and after migration but suddenly today I have a problem. Nothing changed, no firewall bitween this two machines, no network changes. This two machines are virtual on same ESX host on same virtual switch.

79 Posts

August 6th, 2010 08:00

Hi Goran,

Please have a look on the KB article:esg59591. It might help you.

http://solutions.emc.com/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg59591&usertype=C

Pradeep

No Events found!