Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 4th, 2012 07:00

Networker Compatibility Question

Hi,

we have several Versions of Networker Clients installed in our Environment and are about to Upgrade our Server to one of the latest Versions. Which Version I would like to find out with my question.

I've read, that the Data Ontap 8.0x ist compatible with the Networker 7.6.1.x. This is ist the current OS of our NetAppMetrocluster which is backed up by our Networker Server of Version 7.6.1.7 (is to be upgraded, i know).

Are there any Information available about which Networker Server Version I need to backup a Netapp with Data ONTAP 8.1 or 8.1.1 (my storage admin are planning to upgrade our Metrocluster-OS to one of this versions in near future and i have to plan my upgrade of Networker Environment)?

kind regards

Maike Laue

September 4th, 2012 08:00

Hi Maike,

Here is the document where the compatibility information is available:

https://support.emc.com/docu33118_Information-Protection-Software-Compatibility-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

This is the link to the compatibility guide. You can take a look and post us if you have any questions.

Thank you

ShivaKiran

14.3K Posts

September 4th, 2012 08:00

7.6.1.x is no longer support for some time.  OnTap8 support (7 mode) is listed in software compatibility guide

79 Posts

September 4th, 2012 20:00

Hi Maike

As per the NetWorker software compatibility guide ,Network Appliance Data ONTAP 8.0, 8.0.x, supported on NetWorker 7.6 and later versions.  Please refer the software compatibility guide. for more details.

Regards

Panwar

2 Posts

September 5th, 2012 03:00

Hi All,

thanks for you input. Our new NetApp Appliance has Data ONTAP 8.1 or 8.1.1 and i can't find any hint which Networker Version is able to back up NDMP from NetApps with this Version.

thanks in advance

Maike

September 6th, 2012 06:00

Hi Maike,

As per the Support guide, currently ONTAP 8.1 or 8.1.1 are not listed and hence its not inculded in the support list.

May be this will be included in the later version of Networker.

Thank you

ShivaKiran

57 Posts

September 7th, 2012 01:00

Backup for Netapp filers running ontap 8.1 with networker 7.6.3 works without any issues. That is the current configuration we are using.

No Events found!