Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2017 11:00

Networker & DDBoost

Folks,

I was looking at an oracle backup run, to a ddb device but as per the DD gui, it did not have an active ddb connection. Later I selected the client direct and data domain backup options on the networker client properties configuration. I was expecting new sessions to make ddb connections, after the config change, but they were not.

As the backup was multi-TB, I looked back a few hours later and then the ddb connections were visible.

I am trying to find out more information about dd boost. Does anyone know, why I was seeing channels initially bkup without making a ddb connection and later channels/backups making connections.

Is it possible to check the DD logs some how to find out when the jobs starting making the connections ?

DD OS is 5.7

Oracle Networker client/nmda is 8.2.4

Tks,

Liam

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

September 29th, 2017 03:00

In NW log you should see if client is using ddboost or not.  Normally be default it will.  As it is big DB you should be able to see it also via ddboost show connections command on DD and by using netstat.

September 29th, 2017 07:00

In case that the client is not able to perform a client direct (ddboost) connection to the DataDomain device, the /nsr/logs/daemon.raw log contains related information:

91797 08/30/2017 08:15:16 PM  4 5 0 2986903328 20373 0 XXXXXXX nsrmmd NSR severe Unable to perform direct file save with Data Domain device 'rd=XXXXXXX:XXXXXXXX'; setting up traditional save for save-set ID 'xxxxxxxxxxx' (xxxxxxxx:/xxxxx)

As far as I remember, this information is logged into the daemon.raw of the storage noded which is assigned to the clients in the NetWorker GUI.

116 Posts

October 2nd, 2017 01:00

Thanks for the info Guys.

No Events found!