Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2010 08:00

Networker Dashboard on 7.6?

Has the Dashboard gone by the wayside? I tried to install using the management console from NW 7.6 but the service does not start. I'm guessing it's a compatibility issue. The only posts I've seen regard NW 7.4.1 but nothing newer.

Anyone still use Dashboard? Is it compatible with NW 7.6?

736 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 07:00

According to the Compatibility Guide, this should work - it says that NetWorker Dashboard 1.0 SP2 is compatible with "NetWorker 7.4, SP1 and above. Not supported on NetWorker 7.4 and earlier".  Check out the document to make sure that your web browser and OS are compatible.

Home  >  Support  >  Interoperability and Product Lifecycle Information  > Compatibility Guides > Information Protection
Software Compatibility Guide

-Bobby

28 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 08:00

Thanks Bobby. Not sure why I didn't think to look there!

For some reason, the server service doesn't start. That's what prompted me to question compatibility.

I've tried running this on Server 2003 R2 Enterprise (32bit) and Server 2008 Standard (64bit) both to no avail. I'll just need to open a support ticket. If I find out anything useful I'll let everyone know incase anyone else runs into this problem.

28 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 13:00

Just an FYI. I tried NWD with every version of NMC from 7.4 SP1 through 7.6. NMC 7.4 SP1 is the only version that I could get working half way correctly. And that version couldn't read the data from my NW 7.6 server, so even though I had a dashboard, it couldn't resolve any data.

I'm still going to open a ticket and see if there is further information or something that I may be doing wrong.

No Events found!