Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2011 04:00

Networker Faststart 7.6 to 7.6.1 upgrade

After upgrade Networker Faststart 7.6 to 7.6.1 do I need new licence?

240 Posts

September 23rd, 2011 05:00

Good morning darko!

I need you to clarify something:

An upgrade from 7.6 to 7.6.1 does not require a license renwal or update.  It is going from 7.5.x to 7.6.x that requires the license updates.

IF you should run into trouble, though, you can call the licensing department for assistance.

Here is the license excerpt from the procedure generator - note that there is no mention made of upgrading with Faststart licenses vs. standard:

Licensing Requirements and Changes

In NetWorker 7.6 and later, the installation process detects if a previous version of the NetWorker software is installed. If an upgrade is performed from a version of NetWorker earlier than 7.5.x, the update enabler code is automatically added. When the server is upgraded, the update enabler code must be authorized within 45 days or the server will be disabled. An update enabler code is not generated, or required when upgrading from 7.5.x to NetWorker 7.6.x.

NOTE: Contact EMC Licensing (licensing@emc.com) within 45 days of upgrading to permanently authorize the enabler and ensure uninterrupted operations of the NetWorker server.

I always recommend that the Procedure Generator be used when performing an upgrade, install, etc. of NetWorker.  It is the most update documentation for these processes.

You can download the procedure generator from Powerlink Home > Support > Product and Diagnostic Tools > Procedure Generators > NetWorker Procedure Generator

The inital download is around 28MB.  At this point, the first time you run it there is an update for the porcedure generator. That download is about 18 MB.

The proc gen give you step by step procedures for installs for client, storage node and server.

You can send me a message if you have any questions about its use.

Mark

No Events found!