Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2012 11:00

Networker Management Console on RHEL5

Hi guys,

I succesfully installed the Networker 7.6.4 client, storage node, server and NMC software on a RHEL5 machine. I also succesfully installed the required Java 1.6.0 on the RHEL5 Networker Server / NMC server. I did everything that was specified in the installation procedure from EMC.

I cannot connect to the http://RHEL5:9000 from any browser, where the page can simply not be found. Does anyone now how I can fix a proper working NMC? everything is x86 btw.

thanks!

736 Posts

October 11th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

The first thing you need to check is that all of your services are up and running (gstd, nsrd, nsrexecd) and that the name of your machine is resolving correctly.  You could try it with the ip-address instead of the name as a test or try using the word 'localhost'.

-Bobby

20 Posts

October 11th, 2012 12:00

Thanks Bobby,

I must say, this was indeed not the case yet. I corrected this and I am able to resolve the hostname from the rhel5 machine himself and from remote. I even reinstalled the NMC completely, but still when I try to connect from a web browser to the http://hostname:9000, there is no page being found, like there is even no web server running, but there is.

736 Posts

October 12th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Make sure any one of the NetWorker or NMC processes haven't died unexpectedly on you.  Also, check the ...\opt\lgtonmc\etc\gstd.conf to see what port your NMC is using and check the ...\opt\lgtonmc\logs\gstd.raw for any error message that might tell you the problem.  Make sure SELinux is disabled also.  'netstat -anp | grep -i listen' should give you a good idea of what's going on with your ports.

-Bobby

20 Posts

October 12th, 2012 04:00

very anoying. it seems that everything is configured correctly, but still, cannot reach any websites on the server..

20 Posts

October 12th, 2012 05:00

Thanks for the help. very stupid. it appeared that the rhel5 firewall was blocking port 9000.

lame!

regards

No Events found!