Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 4th, 2014 02:00

Networker Windows Disaster recovery failed

Hi everyone.

I try to recover one of my client (Win2k8 R2; Networker agent 8.1.0.1.Build.199 and i also tried 8.1.1.2.Build.280; hardware HP ProLiant Dl380p G8) with disaster recover (ISO-file NetWorkerWindowsDisasterRecovery_8.1.0.199_x64_WinPE_40 and NetWorker_8.1.1.280_Windows_BMR_Wizard_x64_WinPE_50)  but it allways failed with error: "restore failed with status: 0x80004005".

In ossr_director.raw i see a lot of one type errors: "Failed to create C:\directory or file name: The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted. (Win32 erro 0x3ed)".

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

4 Attachments

March 14th, 2014 05:00

Hi everyone.

We resolve our issue.

The problem wasn't in Networker, it was in HP Intelligent Provisioning v.1.5. To resolve this issue we decreased the space used by logical drive by shrinking 5 percent of the logical drive size and after it restore completed succesfully.

For more info you can read the HP Document ID:  c03927759:

HP Support document - HP Support Center

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 4th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

Are you restoring to the same server as you backed up from or is this a test that you are running ? Also, can you show us a grab from the ossr_director.raw when the restore fails? From the error i suspect that the first past of the process where in the partitions are made did not complete successfully.

355 Posts

March 4th, 2014 04:00

Hello,

This issue may occur if any disk which was critical at backup was excluded.

Are you able to see any error message in ossr_director.raw related to critical disk ?

Regards,

Pawan

March 4th, 2014 05:00

Hello Pawan,

i see only that restore procedure can't create folders. In NMC i see that all files from savesets (the format of saveset is ALL) are succesfully read but in restore procedure where are no progress. Also i see that system drive (which i try to restore) become in RAW format. Before restore procedure it was in NTFS.

March 4th, 2014 05:00

Hello crazyrov,

yes, i'm restoring to the same server. You can see the begin and the end of restore procedure in attache for my first post. Unfortunately, i can't attach all oss_director.raw, because when i restore it from backup server it restored succesfully but all of log-files are empty (i don't know why?).

355 Posts

March 4th, 2014 06:00

Sure !!

Article Number:000123595

Regards,

Pawan

Thanks for your reply, Pawan.

Can you write the number of this KB so I could ask in our support about it?

355 Posts

Hello,

I can see a KB article which contains solution for this issue, but this KB article is restricted for EMC use only and I can not share it here. I would suggest you to please get in touch with EMC support to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Pawan

March 4th, 2014 07:00

When i open this file in restore procedure window it is not empty, there are a lot of information. But i can't copy this file in restore procedure window. As you know Networker write restore log saveset after he finished restore. And when i try to restore these logs (in some folder on my networker server), they restore succesfull, but when i open these logs - they are empty.

355 Posts

March 4th, 2014 07:00

The KB article which I mentioned here looks very similar to your issue and I wanted to verify its certainty by looking on oss_director.raw. But as you have mentioned this file is empty, it would be better to get in touch with EMC support.

Regards,

Pawan

117 Posts

March 5th, 2014 02:00

Could it be the case that the client restoring the "Offline Restore Logs" files is NetWorker 7.6.x?

If this is the case it is "normal" behavior that all files are restored but the are empty. In fact they are filled with 0x00 hex value only.

You cannot restore files backed up by client 8.x with a verion 7.6 client.

(just an idea on this part of the problem)

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

March 5th, 2014 02:00

I have pretty much the same issue using 8.1.1.2 and ISO image for that version

March 5th, 2014 03:00

Thanks Guenter, you are right. I tried to restore logs with 8.1 client and they restored succesfully.

355 Posts

Hello,

I am talking to support team on this. I will get you back soon.

Regards,

Pawan

Hello Pawan,

i attached ossr_director.raw in my first post. If you need this log with more information i can run the restore procedure with different debug levels (for example -D 9)

No Events found!