Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2014 02:00

Networker backup problem after update?

hello,

i've problem in backup using networker emc from v 8.0.2 to 8.2.0.1 i found my configuration normally and can connect to it but when i run an incremental backup it takes huge data and it's not normal or not like the previous version.  for example i run backup on my fileshare server when using V 8.0.2 the size of incremental backup between 15 G to 25G daily. but after update to 8.2.0.1 i found the size of incremental backup reach to (first day after update) 5000 GB, second and third day were  the same size. so how can i fix this issue and is this normal????

the networker server attached with data domain and works normal, also when i check the duplication on data domain is within 21X 

so i just need to check if this is normal with the new version of networker that i updated or has new structure in read/write data or just add the new data wit the old one????

2.4K Posts

December 27th, 2014 04:00

This looks like NW does not find a full any more and overrides your settings by running a full. This is most obvious if you did not install NW to the same directory.

However, in this case you should see clear messages in the logs. So please investigate them carefully.

No Events found!