Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2015 17:00

Networker change replication from one DD to another question

I was wondering what is the best procedure to perform the following?  I have a DD in one site replicating via CCR to another DD in same site.  Retention is 90 days for both backup and clone.  I need to start replicating to DD in different site with retention set for 14 days (weekly full) and 30 days (monthly full) over a 10gbE pipe.  One option I was thinking of is to use nsrclone in a script to copy 2 weeks of savesets for the weekly full jobs and then change the group properties to clone to the new location on the next Full schedule.  But doing this way there will be some gap from the time it takes to copy and changing the clone policy.  Would anything break if i immediately change the clone policy and copy the savesets afterwards?  DD replication is not considered as Networker is not aware and i can't do a volume replication because there is not enough space on the new DD and i do not need all the savesets just 2 and 4 weeks worth.   

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2015 08:00

chandlerbing,

I dont see any issue there unless you have a very very very large amount of data to be sent across. Remember that you are still doing a CCR (hopefully you have DDBoost enabled and configured the new devices as a DataDomain device) so this will be handled by the 2 data domain's.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2015 00:00

chandlerbing,

(Still holding on to FRIENDS  I see )

What do you mean by the below sentence, please elaborate mode.

Would anything break if i immediately change the clone policy and copy the savesets afterwards? 

Any changes done to the clone policy (assumption: You are referring to the clone policy on NetWorker) will take affect when the next schedule for that policy runs. So when you said that you would copy the saveset afterwards, what are you trying to say ? if you wan to manually clone the weekly after the scheduled clone job that is fine, just that the weekly backups might not be available on the offsite DD if required.

September 2nd, 2015 07:00

crazyrov, i mean without fully seeding the target DD device.  We have cloning immediately after saveset completes.  For jobs that have full scheduled i would just change the clone pool to new DD.  Then i would start copying the previous 14 days of savesets so it would be continous.  Would this work? I'm looking for easiest solution.  Thanks.

September 3rd, 2015 06:00

Yes i will be using nsrclone in a script to copy the savesets for each client.  DDBoost is enabled on all appliances. 

No Events found!