Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2012 10:00

Networker client for networker 7.6.1 server

Hi ... I just assumed new responsibility to maintain Networker for one of IT group. I have been supporting Veritas for years so I am new to Networker ..

I am having issue with adding a new Win 2008 R2 client for backup with error "client connection actively refused it". I tried Google it for hours but could not find anything concrete. I am not sure that I have to install the client software separately ? (I can push client software from Veritas server), the error seems simple, I tried open up security on client, check ping, nslookup on both sides, seems the communication between the 2 servers is fine, something must be Networker related that I am not aware of ... can anyone help.  Appreciated it !

544 Posts

December 5th, 2012 19:00

Hi,

What is the NetWorker version installed on this Windows 2008 R2 ? Kindly note that starting from NetWorker 7.6.2 windows 2008 R2 is supported, so make sure you have NetWorker 7.6.2 and later installed.

Most probably this issue is because NetWorker Remote Exec Service was not running. Make sure that the NetWorker client software is installed correctly on the machine, and verify that NetWorker service is running (In services.msc it's "NetWorker Remote Exec Service". In Task Manager it's "nsrexecd.exe")

Hope this helps,

Ahmed Bahaa

No Events found!