Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2011 00:00

Networker saveset recovery specifing entire folder

I am trying to recover an entire folder using the saveset recover method in Networker User as the data is out of browse retention.

Once I have selected the saveset version (retrievable) I then select the Files tab. I have attempted entering the full path of the folder e.g:

N:\\share\folder\folder\

The recover only restored the folder name with none of the contents. SO I then attempted the same but included a wildcard for the filenames e.g.

N:\\share\folder\folder\*.*

This had the same result.

Is there any way I can restore an entire folder from a saveset without specifying individual file names?

116 Posts

July 15th, 2011 04:00

Hi Micky,

You can restore by SSID (recover -d /tmp -S ).

For get ssid of the saveset what you want restore execute this command below or search in media volumes.

mminfo -ot -q "client=client_name" -r sscreate,ssretent,name,volume,ssid

Or change de retention of this saveset with command nsrmm (nsrmm -e mm/dd/yy -w mm/dd/yy -S ).

For this second option you will have to do more things, try the first option...

Regards.

Luis Rogerio

9 Posts

July 15th, 2011 07:00

sorry I'll explain myself a bit clearer.

I'm trying to recover from a saveset which is out of browse retention but data is still within retention.

I'm selecting the saveset version within Networker User but only need to restore a specific folder within the saveset.

I am also redirecting the data to an area on the backup server.

I click Files to specify the folder to restore e.g.

N:\Share\Folder\folder\

The recover only restores the folder names with no file content.

Do I need to include a wildcard e.g.

N:\Share\Folder\folder\*

2.4K Posts

July 15th, 2011 08:00

Just run this command:

recover -s server -S ssid[/cloneid] -a full_source_pathname [other options]

Careful - the pathname must exactly match (upper & lower chars).

9 Posts

July 18th, 2011 02:00

Thanks Bingo but how do you specify all files within a directory to be restored? (is there a wildcard option e.g. *.*)

I ask this because up to now the restores have only recovered the folder name with no contents.

I also need to change the destination client and path.

2.4K Posts

July 18th, 2011 10:00

NW will just recover every object where it finds an entry containing this string in the CFI. Consequently, it will work without wildcards. In fact such would be wrong as neither '*' nor '*.*' is listed in the CFI. And remember: lower/upper case matters.

As this is a 'partial' save set recovery, it can be redirected to another path (-d) but it can not be redirected to another client.

Try it - it works.

No Events found!