Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2015 05:00

Oracle Hourly Archive Log Backup

I have a request to backup the Archive Logs of an Oracle Database on an hourly schedule. How do I go about this?  I have NMDA configured and working for a Full backup; I'm just loss at how to configure a backup for the Archive Logs only.  My only knowledge of Oracle is what I have learned by configuring the Full backup, so it's almost none.  Do I need to use a customized RMAN Script or are there options within the NetWorker Wizard that I can configure?  Set one of the Incremental backup options and just include the Archive Logs with that?  Any help is appreciated.

NetWorker v8.1

NDMA v1.6

Oracle v11.2

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 19th, 2015 05:00

Create group and put frequency to be 01:00.  You can use same config file unless you wish to separate log files from sessions.  I personally create client for DB and ARCH backup and each uses its own cfg file where only difference is they write to different log file (ofc, they have different save set as I use different RMAN scripts).

June 19th, 2015 08:00

So I've found by selecting "Custom Scheduled Backup", the Wizard will present the option to select "Back up specific archived redo longs only" and you can select all logs.  This will create the RMAN Script necessary.  I've got this configured and running now.  Any tips or advice?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 19th, 2015 12:00

Not really... I do not use wizard so I have no clue what it does when in wizard mode... it is rather simple and straightforward as your rman script determines what you do and frequency is set by interval on group level.

No Events found!