Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2014 23:00

Physical VADP Proxy and PowerPath

I am currently in the process of deploying one or two physical VADP Proxies, running Windows Server 2008R2. I have read the integration guide, and I think I have a fairly good grasp of the concept. We are using virtual VADP proxies at the moment, this works fine but I'd like to combine VADP Proxy and Storage Node on one host so I can utilise the VTL backup storage over Fibre Channel.

Since the VADP Proxy with SAN transport mode will mount LUNs from the storage system, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with this setup with regards to EMC VNX and PowerPath specifically.

I really don't want to use a single path configuration, since this may cause trespassing when mounting the LUNs on the VADP Proxy host. This would seem to indicate I need to use and license PowerPath, so I'm sure I'm using an optimal and load balanced configuration when doing the expected heavy read operations during backup.

Any insight on this?

2 Intern

• 

326 Posts

March 19th, 2014 01:00

we are using proxy n sn same server....powerpath is for link redundancy not for load balancing

No Events found!