Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2014 12:00

Possible to stage a tape volume using CLI or GUI in NW?

All,

I have a quick question. Is it possible to stage a tape volume using CLI or GUI in NW?

I am aware of using the nsrstage command to stage savesets (using SSID) with the following command.

nsrstage  -m -S 3356596525 -b default

Eg; If my tape volume has 10 SSID's do I have to use the above command to stage each SSID one by one or is there a single command to stage all 10 savesets in the volume in one go.

Appreciate any help!!

Thanks

Jacob

14.3K Posts

March 5th, 2014 13:00

If you want you can stage whole volume (I thought you wish to stage only certain ssids from volume).  You would do something like:

nsrstage -F -s -b -m -S -f `mminfo -av -q volume= -r ssid,cloneid | awk '{print $1"/"$2}' | grep -v ssid`

14.3K Posts

You can use input file (-S -f ) and list ssids in file.

39 Posts

Thanks Hrvoje, here I will still have to specify all the SSID's in the Volume. Is there an option similar to cloning a volume for staging?

445 Posts

March 5th, 2014 23:00

Rjacob,

There is an option to clone a volume with the nsrclone command, however it clones all volumes which start on that volume. To clarify further – it does not produce an exact replica of the volume, rather it stages all the savesets present which start on the volume completely – even the pieces which span to other volumes also, so you can end up with more than one volume required as target and other volumes required for mounting.

From the command line reference: -

Copy all save sets that begin on the volume mars.001 to a volume in the Offsite Clone

pool:

nsrclone – b ’Offsite Clone’ mars.001

I believe there will be same option via the GUI but have not done it for a while so would have to check and don’t have a system to hand currently.

The command that Hrvoje would also have same effect as we never clone just part of a saveset.

Regards,

Bill Mason

2.4K Posts

March 6th, 2014 02:00

The first sentence should read "There is an option to clone a volume with the nsrclone command, however it clones all save sets which start on that volume."

Despite this issue, Bill's statement is correct. Unfortunately, it does not apply to staging.

BTW - For Windows, the 'mminfo' part of Hrvoje's command should read

mminfo -q -r ssid,cloneid -xc/ | findstr /V /C:"ssid"

No Events found!