Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 21st, 2008 09:00

Private Mailboxes for Exchange 2007

I have installed NME 5.1 on exhcnage 2007 cluster and could not see any mailboxes under Private Mailboxes. The mailboxes are visible under IS but not Private mailboxes.

What is it that they are not there? Is there anything special about mailboxes that NW does not recognize them under PM but does recognize them under IS?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 22nd, 2008 08:00

Is it possible that you have some sort of permission issue? 2007 is world per self, especially with cluster setup they have now. I guess NMM does good job there, but I haven't tried it yet (except being on workshop).

2K Posts

May 22nd, 2008 20:00

I belive the same and have the permissions granted and MAPI CDO installed. I earlier did the smae at the same customer as POC and it worked fine. What is NMM?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2008 07:00

NMM stands for NetWorker Module for MS Application. It is former VSS client, but now optimized for EXCH 2007 and few additional applications.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 28th, 2008 23:00

I guess the best thing is to check what MS says - what permissions are required for that (if they would tell anything given they stand on what they think of that anyway).

2K Posts

May 28th, 2008 23:00

Yes, it is a permissions issue but we are still not able to get this completely. If the account has full access permissions, it works fine but if it only has read-as & write-as permissions, it gives errors. The admin guide suggests only read-as, write-as permissions for Exchange 2007.

2K Posts

May 29th, 2008 00:00

OK but the problem here is that the customer loves to believe what NW says. as per them, it is NW enahncement that it would work with less permissions.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 29th, 2008 01:00

Well... application can't do more than db allows it...

2 Posts

March 18th, 2010 09:00

When you say:

Yes, it is a permissions issue but we are still not able to get this completely. If the account has full access permissions, it works fine but if it only has read-as & write-as permissions, it gives errors. The admin guide suggests only read-as, write-as permissions for Exchange 2007.

What do you mean by full access permissions? Can you list them?

2K Posts

March 18th, 2010 10:00

A user that has full access to all mailboxes and has all exchnage permissions as good as Exchange Administrator himself.

2 Posts

March 18th, 2010 11:00

ic, Thank you.

28 Posts

March 24th, 2010 11:00

I did this and was able to get NMM working:

From exchange powershell on the exchange server run the following command:

get-mailboxserver | get-ADpermission -user | Format-List

-If "Send-As" and "Receive-As" are set to "Deny=True" then proceed with this command

get-ExchangeServer | add-ADpermission -user -extendedrights Receive-As,Send-As

Also make sure that the user account is also a member of the "Exchange Organization Administrators" group in active directory

If you are backing up public folders, do this as well:

Add-PublicFolderPermission -Identity -user -accessRights CreateItems,ReadItems,CreateSubfolders

Try that and see if it works. It worked for our shop, maybe it'll work for yours.

No Events found!