Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2015 12:00

RMAN SaveSets Are not showing up in Group Details - NW 8.1.1.2 280

Running RMAN job via a group that calls an RMAN script and we can see the savesets under Save Sessions in NMC, however, when opening the group details, it doesn't show any savesets. This happens on few servers, we have many others that are working OK.

And when we see the savests writing under Save Sessions, there is no Group / Policy entry associated with it, as if it is manual.

This is an issue as we have automatic cloning turned on and this data can not be cloned as it doesn't show up in group details.

We can manually clone the data based on the save set and have a CatchAll clone job running daily to replicate to DR. However this is a workaround and need these few RMAN jobs to behave the same as the rest of the environment

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

February 1st, 2015 22:00

Do you use a NMDA or NMO for doing you Oracle backups or is it done via savepnpc (refer the save command on the 2nd tab of the client properties).

If you are taking a backup via savepnpc then this is a manual backups as the scheduled backups only invokes a RMAN script and this kind of a backup is manual backup and not NetWorker initiated.

February 2nd, 2015 09:00

We are using Backup Command - nsrdasv -z /nsr/apps/config/nmda_PROD.cfg Same configuration for nearly 100 RMAN jobs but only few are having this issue. It spans across OS platforms as well.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

February 5th, 2015 03:00

You brought several topics like not shows in group details and not cloned.  First of all, do not assume those two to be related.  As visibility in GUI is not so important to me, let's focus on cloning   I recently found that if you have client in group called clientA and in RMAN script you use clientB, then group cloning won't be done for those ssids.  One could assume (like me) that group cloning is for all ssids by the group, but obviously this runs deeper.  If you use RAC, it is not hard to imagine above scenario.  You can check if you have /nsr/logs/sg/ files for these sessions and check if cloning is mentioned there and if yes if you see any errors. In my case, these were not present as well until I didn't correct naming for NSR_CLIENT (either RMAN script side or client configuration).

No Events found!