Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

December 10th, 2015 16:00

Recovery from Offline Storage

I am running NW 8.2. My tape robot will not hold enough tapes for our 90 day rotation, so I store some of the tapes in a nearby rack. When I run a recovery command and the tape is not online, the system never seems to indicate that it needs that tape number - it just stays in a waiting mode. I have labeled the location of the tape as "Storage" but still get nothing...

Does it usually take a long time to notify me? Do I need to set a parameter somewhere???

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

December 11th, 2015 01:00

You should be able to see the tape waits on the alert window of the NMC.

I would suggest you to check the volumes required for the restore prior to hitting the recover button and keeping them in the library.

December 11th, 2015 02:00

It is always best practice to load all the required tapes for your recovery session. And also possible then mount those also manually from networker. Ideally any media waiting message should been displayed in daemon.log or nsrwatch. Make sure you are able to query the media database for the list of the volumes which is required for your restoration.

2.4K Posts

December 11th, 2015 02:00

You must import the tape into the library. With the first move (the import in this case) the 'location' will automatically be updated with the jukebox name. Then NW will become aware that it has the media in direct access and can load/mount automatically after the appropriate delays have passed.

No Events found!