Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MZ

April 5th, 2018 04:00

Recyclable save sets

I am using Networker 8.2 connected by DDBoost with Data Domain 620 as medium for backup. DD is almost full, the largest mtree is networker ddboost folder. I analyzed save sets on networker server and found so many recyclable save sets that are more then 2 years old that are not deleted from DD, hundreds save sets. What is the problem, why they are not deleted? What to do?

Best regards

2.4K Posts

April 5th, 2018 07:00

Without knowing your environment, how can we say that? - especially if it started 2 years ago.

But at least we can tell you how to get rid of these obsolete backups:

-  mminfo -s -q "volume=your_dd_volume,savetime>-2years" -r "ssid,cloneid" -xc/ > file

-  For each line run     nsrmm -y -d -S

You may want to script that with an OS appropriate script for your NW server. Repeat it for each DD volume.

Finally

- go ahead and cleanup the DD

- check whether the issue still persist and take appropriate action.

April 5th, 2018 08:00

Dear,

I am using networker 8.2.2 runing on SLES 12, backup medium is Data Domain 620. We are running backups of windows, linux servers, Exchange servers, MS SQL servers...

Best regards

2.4K Posts

April 6th, 2018 06:00

So what do you want to tell me? - the commands are exactly the same.

18 Posts

April 10th, 2018 09:00

Are the save sets recyclable? To answer this question:

mminfo -avot -q "type=Data Domain,savetime>2 years ago,ssrecycle" | more

If you are returned "6095:mminfo: no matches found for the query" the question then becomes when are the save sets set to recycle? For this, you can remove the ssrecycle, and add reporting flags to the command for ssbrowse, ssretent, and clretent:

mminfo -avot -q "type=Data Domain,savetime>2 years ago" -r "volume,type,client,savetime(25),totalsize(1),ssid,fragflags,level,name,ssbrowse,ssretent,

clretent" | more

The clretent is the important flag as it is for the individual save set, whereas, the ssretent is the longest retention for the save set and its clones.

If you are returned save sets that are recyclable, are these listed save sets physically on the data domain? You will want to work through the Knowledge Article "Reclaiming space from Data Domain devices triage guide" URL: < https://support.emc.com/kb/479591 >

No Events found!