Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2011 22:00

Remote System error: Connection Time out

Hi.

We are facing peculiar problem in our environment. We have Windows 2003 and 2008 servers in our environment and we use EMC Netwroker 7.6 to backup this servers. Everyday we face backup failures for servers witn the follwing error:

abandoned :  Unable to execute savefs job on host xxxx  : Remote system error - Connection timed out.

When we check these particular servers we found the a user account named Network has deny permission in C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr as shown in the attachment. So when we remove that user the backup got successful. But the user Network comes back again with deny permission on nsr folder and backup start failing again with error as mentioned above.

I have also found that whenever we install the networker client of version 7.6 sp2 to any windows server the the user named Network have full deny permission on nsr folder. So not sure where this user Network comes from and why it has deny permission on nsr folder.

Need your help to relove the issue.

Thanks.

1 Attachment

14.3K Posts

November 30th, 2011 01:00

I assume your service is running as local system account. I do not remember seeing network user before, but then again I never checked.  What you describe does not seem to be default so it might be related to baseline used at your site - can you check with Windows guys?  I assume modifying permissions would do the trick...

25 Posts

December 28th, 2011 01:00

Hi Pilu,

Did you found the solution about this? I also having same issue and I can't run a successful backup even I have changed the nsr permissions to "allow".

December 29th, 2011 05:00

Hello,

The issue you are facing , it can be  with  thelogin account  doesnot have required permission to execute savefs job on client machine,also make sure the backup account has enough of privilege to perform backup/recovery operation on the client machine.

You can refer the below kb article which provide you information related to the issue

http://solutions.emc.com/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg123506&usertype=C

Thank you,

Vishwanath K

268 Posts

December 30th, 2011 11:00

Have you tried client side backup, does it work fine?

Also specify remote user on the client configuration.

(NMC > configuration > clients > client properties > Apps and module > remote user and password.)

Specify,

user name      \administrator

password      

See if this works.

25 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 19:00

Hi,

My problem has solved, I managed to run a successful backup. What I did is installed networker 7.5.2 and changed the nsr folder permission to allow all. Thanks

18 Posts

July 26th, 2012 14:00

I was able to get this to work with your configuration:

Also specify remote user on the client configuration.

(NMC > configuration > clients > client properties > Apps and module > remote user and password.)

Specify,

user name \administrator

password

But if I use a different domain admin account it doesn't seem to work. Is there a reason why it would only work for administrator account only?

No Events found!