Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2018 00:00

Restart Clone job

Hi

I discover my clone job was hang due to wrong configuration in the source and destination Storage node server.

is there any way i can do to restart the clone action only instead of starting the complete workflow.

i  am running networker 9.2.1

2.4K Posts

August 6th, 2018 05:00

That's one of the reasons why we use scripted cloning - it does not depend on backups and the clone can run at any time.

And of course it could happen that such a situation - if not detected early enough - will prevent the WF from beeing started the next time.

I have never worked with automatic cloning. What I would suggest is that your use the command line to

1. query your media index for the correct ssids

2. run nsrclone in the second step

It is much easier than defining a separate clone job which you only need once.

1. mminfo -q " , validcopies=1" -r ssid > ssid_file

2. nsrclone -F -s -J -d -b   -S -f ssid_file

2.4K Posts

August 7th, 2018 07:00

BTW - If you open the workflow you should be able to start the action for itself.

I never did such sio far but this should solve your problem.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

August 8th, 2018 02:00

khaledios,

Yes, NetWorker does allow you to restart the workflow when just the clone has failed. But remember that this should be well within the restart window of the workflow.

But remember that will always be at risk when you don't restart the workflow within the configured restart window the only option that you have is to clone them manually. To be safe consider creating clone based workflows. This will be way more flexible and easier to manage.

No Events found!