Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 20th, 2008 04:00

SYSVOL Backup

I am using Windows Server 2003 both at for NetWorker Server and Client version 7.3.4. The client is active directory server. I have given save set as C:\windows\SYSVOL and run backup. It does not show any error but it does not take backup and message comes that it has saved 0KB. Although I have checked the backup of other save set which works fine.

20 Posts

August 20th, 2008 09:00

That is correct, the SYSVOL backup is excluded from the backup (hard coded), like the recycle bin data for example, even if specifically referred to as a separate saveset. For granular recoveries of Active Directory data you can use the NetWorker Module for Microsoft Applications.

HTH

163 Posts

August 20th, 2008 07:00

Did you try a backup in verbose mode? Some weeks ago I've seen a similar behaviour when backing up a Windows server with Remote Installation Services installed. Networker did not backup the image files and printed out something like "matching internal directive" - even without any directive set. I guess that Networker has an internal directive which prevents some files from being backed up. AD content is normally backed up as part of SYSTEM STATE saveset so saving SYSVOL folder may not make sense anyway...

Please see page 626 on Networker Administration Guide for details on Active Directory backups

198 Posts

August 20th, 2008 08:00

Hi,

Have you tried performing a client side backup of SYSVOL ?

IKP

15 Posts

August 20th, 2008 21:00

Thanks
No Events found!