Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2010 04:00

System State Backups failing for cluster clients

I have added a couple of Windows 2008 clients to Networker datazone  but the System components backups are failing with strange error. Can someone help me diagnose this have searched through powerlink but did not get any solutions.

ERROR.JPG

Backup Server is running Networker 7.2 Build 494

Client 7.2 Build 494

445 Posts

Imran,

I don't believe Windows 2008 is supported with NW 7.2. This version of NetWorker is also no longer supported.

Regards,

Bill Mason

6 Posts

This is the exact error:

mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ 1 retry attempted
* mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ ASR System Files - AsrCreateStateFile failed - 0x78
* mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ ASR System Files - Failed to create the ASR state files
* mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ ASR System Files - Error saving
* mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ ntcludb: BackupClusterDatabase failed, status 78 last 3e5
* mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ Cluster Database - Error saving
* mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Error saving
* mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
* mbx1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: save of SYSTEM STATE:\ to legato1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com failed

* mbx2.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ 1 retry attempted
* mbx2.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: Could not update job attrs.save: Jobs error: Please pass a valid jobid
* mbx2.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ ntcludb: BackupClusterDatabase failed, status 78 last 3e5
* mbx2.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ Cluster Database - Error saving
* mbx2.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Error saving
* mbx2.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
* mbx2.uk.core.dir.telstra.com:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: save of SYSTEM STATE:\ to legato1.uk.core.dir.telstra.com failed

445 Posts

April 23rd, 2010 06:00

Imran,

I do not believe there is as Windows 2008 uses VSS and this cannot be turned off as was possible with Windows 2003. I think the data backups would be OK but as soon as you go into System backups VSS is involved and this is Microsoft limitation. I also think they changed this slightly between the versions so this is why you are having the issue. To secure Windows 2008 correctly you must use higher version. It would also be advisable to go to at least 7.5 latest release or 7.6 not 7.4.

Regards,

Bill Mason

6 Posts

April 23rd, 2010 06:00

But my customer is not agreeing to upgrade to the latest versions but still wants backups anyways so is there any way that the backups can be made succesfull

2K Posts

April 24th, 2010 11:00

You may find some pointers on powerlink but like William mentioned you need to upgrade first to a supported Networker version else you cannot predict the product behavior.     

No Events found!