gouvea2
1 Nickel

The clients are auto restarting backup after concluded. How can I fix it?

Jump to solution

The clients are auto restarting backup after concluded. How can I fix it? I use Networker Legato 7.6.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gouvea2
1 Nickel

Re: The clients are auto restarting backup after concluded. How can I fix it?

Jump to solution

reply from crazyrov : 

Do you have the savegroup competition notification or extract from the daemon.raw that says why the saveset is being started from the beginning? Also is this behavior with only one group or multiple groups. Can you keep the retry change the retry attempts on the Group properties to 0 and see what the result is ?

Fixed. I did your clue with Successful. Thx a lot...(everyone)

We can conclude that is a not an error, because when is detected that some files could not be opened and was not backed up. (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.) and the value is set >0 is re-executed again and retrying the clients.

Retrying_fixed.jpg

14 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

I guess with 7.6.1 release, your first step would be to update to at least supported version first and see if same happens there.  If yes, you must dig deeper into logs.

0 Kudos
gouvea2
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

This customer works with several versions of networker legato and have a conflicts to update it, because they work with others O.S (NT,WIN 2003, UNIXs).

We have a fix for it without update Netwoker?

0 Kudos
gouvea2
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Follow the Screen Shot.

Auto Restarting E:\ after concluded Backup.

retrying backup_.jpg

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

That screenshot doesn't have any meaning to me.  Do following:

mminfo -avot -q client=<client name> -r "name,ssflags,sumflags,clflags,sscreate(20),sscomp(20),group,level"

From that output extract data which show specific run in question.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello, Gouvea, based on the issue being discussed in this thread, I am moving the thread to the Networker Support Forum where the problem can have more visibility and be better addressed.

The ECN Help Forum itself is usually only a place where people ask answers or have queries regarding the functionality/usage of the ECN (EMC Community Network) platform instead of any specific EMC product related issues.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Do you have the savegroup competition notification or extract from the daemon.raw that says why the saveset is being started from the beginning? Also is this behavior with only one group or multiple groups. Can you keep the retry change the retry attempts on the Group properties to 0 and see what the result is ?

0 Kudos
gouvea2
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi, I did extract of mminfo as requested to better show, but I changed the real name to preserve right of customer.

LI1sfsr30001 is auto restarting, only it and every day.

Regards

mminfo_li1sfsr.jpg

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

I am not able to find anything abnormal here. As requested earlier please change the client retries in the group properties -> Advanced tab. Do let us know the result of this change, as it should throw any error if it thinks the backup failed. but from the mminfo output the savesets seems to be a valid one.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

The mminfo/save set report only show the result - it will not tell you why the group is restarted.

Looking at the save sets' timestamps from your first screenshot, could it be that the interval for the group has been changed from the default (24hrs) to only 4hrs ... and that the group is just started again right after it has finished?

Look at the group's properties ... and at the backups' duration.

In fact NW 8 could help here because you can easily select earlier savegroup completion reports to compare the values.