Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2016 10:00

Unable to add products into software repository

Networker 8.3.2.8, Windows 2012r2

Hello all,

I am playing with the Software Administration Wizard for the first time, and need to try and push out some client updates. I have already run the needed inventories. But, when i try to point to the "media kit location" to add the software into the repository, I get the message "Please specify a valid media kit location. Distribution path is invalid."

I have tried every path that I can think of, and even tried dropping the files directly on the NMC server and the Networker server, and pointing to those locations. I think I'm just missing something. Any ideas?SAW.JPG.jpg

Thanks all,

Todd

2 Intern

• 

146 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 12:00

*Correction....Networker 8.2.3.8. Sorry.

2.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 13:00

I think I have noticed that earlier. As stated in the starting screen, you must start creating the repository first.

But the most important issue is that NW must be able to read the metafile. So you must unzip the software first.

2 Intern

• 

146 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 13:00

Well, I got the software repository thing to work. I had to open the NMC from my Networker server, and the files needed to be on the local disk on the Networker server. Once I dropped the local path in there, it allowed the files to drop into the repository, but it still doesnt seem to work. I can access any particular client that I want to update the agent on, but once I try to run the update, it just fails out.

SAW2.JPG.jpg

SAW3.JPG.jpg

2.4K Posts

December 23rd, 2016 01:00

It seems that you run the 'upgrade by product and version' screen which I never use.

I always use 'upgrade by client'. Please try that.

In addition I urge you to use another connection (from another computer) for the update procedures because it can take a long time and you cannot switch back to monitor your NW server during that period.

No Events found!