Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

August 3rd, 2009 08:00

Unlabeled Tapes

hello,

I have a Silo with 4000 slots in my environment, and every month I need to do a report about how many tapes I have in the silo system.
I use mminfo and I can see all information about labeled tapes, but I can't see unlabeled tapes.

Have one way to list all unlabeled tapes in my Silo?

Thanks,

54 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 10:00

Sorry I can't explain very well:

I need to be a report with all tapes unlabeled.

Now using mminfo I know for example how many tapes I have in Pool1, Pool2, etc. I need to know how many unlabeled tapes I have in my Silo. Your command don't work in this case, that was show me how many slots is empty.

Thanks,

131 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 10:00

Hello,

You can use this command:

in prompt insert this command:

INQUIRE for list de SCSIDEV.

last, run this command:
sjirdtag scsidev@xyz

This command show all slot.
1 = busy 0= empty

ok.

Regards,
Hormigo

1.1K Posts

August 4th, 2009 02:00

Are you wanting to know all unlabelled tapes in the silo that are assigned to Networker? If you use mminfo you won't have much success as until you label it there is no media database entry...

Your best bet to get that information is to use the nsrjb command and analyze the information that comes out - grepping for "-*" is probably quickest - as these are special characters you need a special grep command - you could also pipe the results to wc to get the count:

nsrjb -j juekboxname|grep '[-]
  • '
    nsrjb -j juekboxname|grep '[-]
  • '|wc -l

If you want to find the unassigned tapes in your silo that's a different command...

244 Posts

August 4th, 2009 04:00

just use nsrjb command. It will shows you all tapes allocated in silo. You can than use grep command (or any other tool) to collect only this information which is valued for you.

54 Posts

August 4th, 2009 05:00

Thanks i will try this.
No Events found!