Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

June 16th, 2011 06:00

VNXe NDMP settings in Networker

Hi!

I am trying to backup new VNXe usin Networker. Has anyone had any success with this. There is a lot of documentation, but it mostly mentions Celerra. Can anyone tell what exactly needs to be done on Networker side, as VNXe NDMP side is just a tick-box with password? Plus, with VNXe there are not many options - as you cannot attach local tape or create local VTL. So, it is LAN backup only. I am running Networker 7.6.2 and latest VNXe.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 17th, 2011 06:00

Check document called "Configuring NDMP Backups on VNX".  Pretty much, it is same as Celerra was.

61 Posts

June 17th, 2011 07:00

Hrvoje,

I would not have bothered forum before I read all possible documentation. I know that it is like Celerra, but it would be better to hear from someone who had actually got it working. Documentation talks about this and that configuration, but none of that really applies to VNXe.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 18th, 2011 07:00

You can use same thing as with Celerra.  If you get in trouble with that, let us know.  I still didn't use VNX box, but from what i read is the same.  The only thing which is new is I believe level 10 backup which is something coming in NW as to be supported (not sure if this is part of 762RA or 763 to be release).

No Events found!