Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2011 20:00

We are currently doing 4 full backups on 4 Fridays in a month. Can I reduce it to 2 full backups fortnightly without affecting restores at any point?

We are currently doing 4 full backups on 4 Fridays in a month. Can I reduce it to 2 full backups fortnightly without affecting restores at any point?

74 Posts

December 7th, 2011 06:00

Carillion wrote:

I think you are asking how your restores might be affected if you were to do fewer full backups and more incrementals?  In general, you will need more save sets in order to completely recover your files if you have more incremental save sets between fulls. 

There is a wonderful description of this in Chapter 4 of the Administration Guide for NetWorker, "Backup Groups and Scheduling."  It's well written and quite thorough.  Maybe it will help you understand.

334 Posts

December 7th, 2011 06:00

Hi Carillion,

Can you provide additional information on what you mean by "restores"?  Are you doing incrementals or differentials on the other days?

Allan

No Events found!