Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2016 02:00

cannot update EBR configuration

hi everyone,

after  password'Vcenter user changed, i have updated infor in EBR configuration. https://ebr.doman:8543/ebr-configure,

but when i saved, i get error as below:

EBR: Starting vCenter Reconfiguration service

EBR: Validate vCenter credentials..

EBR: Validate vCenter credentials failed.

Could anyone suggest me to resolve this issue?

thanks,

September 12th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

not sure whether I understood the your requirement correct. But if you're changing the password of the vCenter user used for the EBR integration I suggest the following workflow:

1. In the EBR GUI (Status tab): Check the status of the EBR Services (all should run, also the "Backup scheduler").
  2. Configuration tab: “Click to modify vCenter configuration”
  3. Enter the EBR password
  4. Enter the vCenter password (if you're using a SSO host, please use the SSO IP, please think about adding "@vsphere.local" if needed, check the required vCenter user account privileges)
  5. Afterwards the EBR will restart and reintegrate into NetWorker and vCenter.

Are you executing those steps and afterwards you receive the "EBR: Validate vCenter credentials failed" message?

For further investigation you might think about creating a new vCenter user account (check "NetWorker and VMware Integration Guide.pdf")

Regards

Michael

9 Posts

September 12th, 2016 18:00

hi Michael,

yes, i have done the steps that you recommend, and i receive error: EBR: Validate vCenter credentials failed.

Vcenter user has full permission and it work fine before.

tks

September 26th, 2016 03:00

Hi,

could it be, that the vCenter was updated meanwhile (after last successful login)? E. g. from vCenter 5.1 to vCenter 5.5?

Regards

Michael

September 28th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

with my current setup (NW 8.2.3.5, VBA-1.1.3.7 with VBA-1.1.3.7-Bravo-TLA path) I had the same issue. It was caused by a temporary not working DNS server.

Regards

Michael

No Events found!