Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2009 01:00

i want failure report

We Required failure report

In a group what are the clients failed, and what are the savesets faield on only yesterday.

thanks in advance

1.1K Posts

July 17th, 2009 02:00

You need to configure a notification - go to Configuration > Notifications > (right click) New.

In the notification select Savegroup Failure, in priority Alert and in an action you want a command that will send the data from the command - perhaps using mail or sending to a text file.

43 Posts

July 17th, 2009 16:00

Go the the NMC GUI - Reports - NetWorker Backup status - Group Summary by Client and server. I believe this is the report you are looking for.

100 Posts

July 20th, 2009 02:00

Yes, your view is correct, but i am looking a command to pull this type of information. or i need a file where i can find all failure and success information. or else tell me is there any way to implement and we do this better way.

1.1K Posts

July 20th, 2009 03:00

You are going to need to run some kind of script which will parse the logs (perhaps messages file?); you can also get the info from the last run of the group using nsradmin. You may find it quite involved to write a script like that, particularly as you want to go back further than the last backup. You may find EMC DPA (used to EBA) a lot more convenient for you - you can run the reports from the command line or it has a built-in scheduler.

244 Posts

July 20th, 2009 04:00

You can script the log file lookup or you can run reports from NMC GUI (there is also a command line tool to get those reports in pdf,cvs etc. format)
No Events found!