Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2016 05:00

no files found after succesfull NDMP restore with NW 8.2

Hi,

I have done a succesfull restore of a folder backed up by Networker 8.2.2 (running on Win2008-R2). See the attachment. It took 550 GB and took a while to restore. But when i look to the destination folder /Evidences1/@C5_Evidences_restore, i don't see anything. The backup concerns an NDMP backup of data on a NETAPP ONTAP V 8.3 and restore to that same NETAPP.

I restored another folder on the NETAPP as well to a similar folder. And for that restore it see the files. The permission on both destination folders are identical. Show hidden folders is ON in the windows browser..

Any idea what could be wrong here ?

Best regards,

Johan

1 Attachment

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2016 02:00

Seems to be ok on backup application end.  Same goes for filer, at least in part where it reads data passed to ndmpd.  You wish to check filer logs as well.  And just for test, what if destination folder doesn't have @ in path name?

1 Rookie

• 

79 Posts

May 23rd, 2016 23:00

Hi,

I looked more in detail.

I tried a restore of a folder on a NETAPP (clustered ONTAP) specified as: /vs_cifs/FOLDER1/FOLDER2 to /vs_cifs/FOLDER1/FOLDER3.

vs_cifs is a SVM (server virtual machine) on the  NETAPP

Result:

The subfolders of FOLDER2 are restored under FOLDER3 but FOLDER2 itself is not created under FOLDER3. The layer FOLDER2 is missing.... never saw that before ... When i select files i do not select at the subfolder level of FOLDER2 but i choose FOLDER2 itself. It subfolders are taken with it.

Bizar ... No ?

Regards,

Johan

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 31st, 2016 02:00

Strange indeed.  I wonder what is parsed and passed to ndmpd (for that you might need to have debug on ONTAP side).

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 31st, 2016 06:00

Try a simple one file restore option first before attempting large restores...

Try it vai CLI

Can you restore via one of the following commands and provide the log for review?

Example:

recover -c ndmp_client

cd to source file

pwd to check path

changetime  dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy if applicable

ls -ltr to see filelist

add

relocate

recover

Example, index-based or DAR/DDAR recovery (DIRECT=y) :

Syntax : recover -vvv -D5 -s server -c ndmp_client -a -R /target_ndmp_client -d /target_path /source_path/filename > recover.out 2>&1

Example, save set or save set directory restore or non-DAR/non-DDAR recovery:

Syntax :nsrndmp_recover -D5 -s nw_server -c source_ndmp_client -S ssid -v off -m target_ndmp_client::/target_path /source_path/filename > recover99.out 2>&1

No Events found!