ble1
7 Thorium

Re: nsrd taking 45 mins to start

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and have EMC case too   But I do not use 127.0.0.2 for sure.

What I have found is following (using 7.5.2.4 on HPUX and Solaris 7.6.0.8 - two different environments). I will focus on env I babysit (HPUX one).

I did an update from 7.4.5.8 to 7.5.2.4 and I noticed while starting nsrexecd that it hangs and wait forever.  Well, not forever, but until I hit ctrl+c.  Truss shows that nsrexecd is trying to establish communication with nsrd on server (actually on hosts listed in /nsr/res/servers) and since server is not up at that moment it just hangs until I guess it hits some sort of RPC timeout.  Removing /nsr/res/servers (or making it empty) or making sure nsrd is already running will address this issue.  Same I have seen few days before I did my upgrade in separate datazone based on Solaris - running nsrexecd on storage node will fail (well, run for 45 minutes or so) if nsrd on server is not running. 

Yesterday I did an upgrade to 7.5.3.3 and I can confirm that issue is not present in that version.  Not sure about 7.6.0.latest or 7.6SP1.  It is issue with NW code for sure.

0 Kudos