Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2014 01:00

"Backup renamed directories" Networker 8.2

Hello togehter,

i have a little problem with the new Networker 8.2.0.2 Build 488.

The NMC say that "Backup renamed directories" ist enabled on my client, the nrsadmin say "Backup renamed directories" is enabled but

the notification mail from every savegroup tell me the same:

* xxxxxxxxxxxx:index 107204:save: "Backup renamed directories" disabled, renamed directories will not be backed up

So is this normal or a bug and have anyone the same "problem"?

Thanks for your help!

with best regards

Dominik

2.4K Posts

November 5th, 2014 03:00

Hi Dominik,

never looked so carefully at the details but obviously the NW server is your test client.

In such case, NW is disabling the option for it internal databases. "xxxxxxxxxxx:index" is obviously the client file index backup. So this is the expected behavior.

November 5th, 2014 03:00

Hi Bingo,

then only the message in the Networker version 8.2 is new, in the old logs that line did not exist.
Thanks for the quick response and thus an ambiguity is eliminated.

12 Posts

April 16th, 2015 14:00

Hi team ,

Iam also faceing same issue with our backup .The index backup is failing with error as "107204:save: 'Backup renamed directories' disabled, renamed directories will not be backed up"..

The backup of data for client is getting successful but for index backup it was failing with error as

"""

107204:save: 'Backup renamed directories' disabled, renamed directories will not be backed up

98519:save: Unable to setup direct save with server abkpwin1: RPC program or version mismatch; low version = 3205, high version = 3205.

98520:save: Falling back to agent-assisted indirect save

90018:save: Cannot open a save session with NetWorker server 'abkpwin1': RPC program or version mismatch; low version = 3205, high version = 3205"

Kindly provide us any clue to fix this issue .

14.3K Posts

April 17th, 2015 01:00

Your issue is not related to backup renamed directories.  Backup renamed directories is feature which enabled by default and if it gets disabled automatically (eg. not applicable to the client due to OS) you get info message about it that is being disabled.  So no big deal there.  Your backup failed due to RPC issue with registered nsr process.  I'm not sure what 3205 is. but usually those *05 are nsrmmds which seems to be stuck or something.  Quick fix would be to stop NW, make sure rpcinfo -p localhost on box where nsrmmd is running does not show it any longer (it should be unloaded from RPC table if all is well), clean /nsr/tmp and start daemons again.

No Events found!