Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 3rd, 2011 10:00

recover command returning "Cross Platform Recovery not supported"

I just want to recover a file from the client, to the client with .R appended. This has nothing to do with cross platform recoveries.

I use this command to open up the interactive console:

recover -s BACKUP_SERVER -c CLIENT

which returns:

67847:recover: Failed to recover files: Permission denied by server BACKUP_SERVER: Cross Platform Recovery not supported

---

I should be using something like this because I want to recover these files as FILENAME.R

recover -i r -s backup_server -c source_host -R destination_host DIRECTORY

but that causes the recover window that opens to just spit out some output and closes the window before I can see it.

What can I do to make this work? In the end, I want to be using the "-a" to automate this process and have it performed for multiple hosts automatically.

Thank you.

96 Posts

August 4th, 2011 12:00

The command has to be:

recover -s -R -c -iR -a

2.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2011 12:00

If you recover the file at the client machine, there is no need to specify the client at all - it automatically recognizes the local machine. If not, you must specify source and destination client to be the same machine.

recover usually will start in interactive mode in the directory you specified.

The 'automatic' recovery (-a file/directory) is possible. However, you must specify the whole pathname as it has been stored in the metadata - Upper/lower case must be 100% identical.

38 Posts

August 4th, 2011 06:00

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I actually have to run the command from the backup server because I will be doing this one file recovery test for 30 machines. Backup server is central to this operation since I cannot log in to that many machines to run recover on the client.

No cross platform recovery is supposed to be happening, how can I make the command work?

1 Message

August 4th, 2011 09:00

Hi please send os original platform and os target platform?

thanks

fortunato

38 Posts

August 4th, 2011 10:00

recover command used on Windows server 2008 R2. (This is the Networker server).

I want to automate the recovery of a file which was backed up from a Solaris 10 system... and restore the file to that system (Solaris 10) with ".R" appended.

I should add that this process works just fine if you use Networker User program... (but obviously we need to use the  CLI).

No Events found!