Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

February 1st, 2023 22:00

save old processes run multiple

Hello,

Recently I discovered there were so many old 'save' process left run and consumed CPU in system. Finally after old processes stop the CPU usage dropped significantly. The processes appeared as as incremental backup which triggered midnight. The oldest process run was on 4th Jan 2023.  Interestingly they were not everyday for the incremental backup proccess stucked.  i.e  

Jan 2  has 1 

Jan 4  has 1

Jan 5 has 23

Jan 8 has 1

Jan 10 has 1

Jan 11 has 4

Jan 12 has 1

Jan 13 has 1

Jan 14 has 2

Jan 16 has 1

Jan 19 has 1

Jan 20  has 1

jan 21 has 1

Jan 24 has 4

Jan 26 has 2

and Jan 29 has 4 processes run

What could be the root cause old 'save' process keep running ?

February 5th, 2023 05:00

Might wanna start from the beginning. what NW server OS and NW version are we dealing with here? And what about the client, as I assume you mean on client end processes remain active?

Is it "just" the save processes running or is there still an actual workflow running they belong to? I don't assume so, as otherwise the next workflow would not be started as it would say "already running"? Is it specific workflows that this occurs with? Or just for one client? With incremental backup is meant a regular filesystem backup? What about the full backup for the same client, how does that behave?

Any specifics about the backups for the client? As 23 running process on one day seems to suggest many filesystems? A lot of data? A lot of files?

So what can you tell about what is supposed to be done?

No Events found!